NOT SURE ABOUT THE REST OF THE COUNTRY, BUT FLORIDA WAS TOLD UP FRONT THERE WOULD BE NO BAILOUTS FOR THIS BOONDOGGLE AND THE ONLY POSSIBLE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO USE IT WILL BE TOURISTS AND THEY WILL STILL NEED A BUS, TAXI OR RENTAL TO GET FROM THE STATION TO THEIR HOTEL OR ANYWHERE ELSE THEY WANT TO GO. THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CHARGE ENOUGH MONEY TO RIDE THE TRAINS TO KEEP THIS MESS A FLOAT. ADD TO THE MIX THE VOTERS OF FLORIDA TURNED THIS BOONDOGGLE DOWN TWICE AT THE POLLS BUT THE CROOKS IN TALLAHASSEE WENT AHEAD & AGREED TO IT ANYWAY. HOW IS THIS WORKING OUT IN YOUR STATE?
I am using Florida as an example because I live here and what has been happening here is a good picture of what the other states can expect to happen if it has not already. It is a well known fact that the "high speed rail" is part of the Agenda21 planning to be paid for by taxpayers, to fill the wallets of corporations/businesses and once again without proper cost analysis or the "whole truth nothing but the truth" coming from the legislators or the corporations/businesses. Happenings here also give a clear picture as to how the wishes of the taxpayers are being ignored.
THIS IS HOW THINGS GET DONE IN AMERICA!
- Florida high-speed rail, clearly the Obama Administration’s top rail priority, will begin construction in early 2011. The $3.5 billion project, however, pales in scope compared to China’s $100 billion investment in high-speed rail planned for this year alone - 2010.
- With more offers of Federal $$ it is clear the Obama Administration intends to use Florida as the nation's model for fast trains - 10/2010.
- Florida governor reject's funding for the Tampa-Orlando Intercity Rail project February, 2011.
- South Africa, with its World Cup already underway (check out the US-UK game today), opened its 100 mph Gautrain intercity rail line between Johannesburg and the airport. It has further plans to link Johannesburg and Durban in the works.
- Alstom, hoping to win the Italian contract for dozens of new high-speed trains, announces new single-deck trainsets capable of 250 mph operations; yet to be named, these trains depart from Alstom’s TGV/AGV of placing bogies between railcars. Meanwhile, AnsaldoBreda and Bombardier, hoping to win the same contract, reveal V300 Zefiro train.
2/17/2014 - Gov. Scott pledging $213M of our state funds to the Orlando International Airport expansion to align with SunRail and then to Disney. Show of money is to show D.C. we have good intent then Rep. Mica can get us federal $$ to the project - once again the more $$ you take from the Feds the tighter the noose is that goes around your throat and wallet. People in other states should be complaining their dollars are being used for these boondoggle's.